Our client is urgently for a Public affairs consultant who is ready to function in a dynamic environment to use the understanding of the political system to offer political and public policy. Keeping abreast of political developments, in order to advise clients on a possible response, is vital to the role. Key information is sought from personal contacts, a range of media sources and political intelligence and monitoring.
• raising the profile of the organization.
• public relations work;
• providing strategic communications advice;
• providing general public affairs support
• reading parliamentary publications and printed transcripts, such as Hansard, and monitoring other activities such as debates, questions, committee enquiries, statements, reports, regulations and legislation;
• assisting with research and drafting written submissions to government consultations and select committee inquiries;
• researching, forecasting and evaluating the effects of public policy on an organization, using public sources, political intelligence and personal contacts;
• writing newsletters, briefings, campaign material and press releases;
• attending select committee hearings, party conferences and other events;
• establishing and maintaining two-way communication with relevant official bodies and stakeholders;
• maintaining regular contact, in person and in writing, with politicians, civil servants, and staff in local authorities and regulatory bodies to brief them on clients' work and concerns;
• responding to public policy threats and opportunities;
• maintaining relationships with existing stakeholders and developing new business;
• providing media management and other publicity activities;
• reviewing the effectiveness of previous activities and how the client is viewed by political and other stakeholders.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENT:
• a strong interest in, and enthusiasm for, politics, policy issues and current affairs;
• excellent research and communication (written and oral) skills;
• the ability to assimilate, analyze and summaries written material quickly;
• time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines;
• the ability to organize and prioritize your workload;
• interpersonal skills;
• the capacity to work on your own initiative and to relate well to colleagues, as well as clients and other contacts;
• team working skills;
• excellent listening skills, as well as the ability to take an impartial view;
• IT skills, as many information sources, such as Hansard, are online and you will often have to prepare documents and Powerpoint presentations for clients and potential clients;
• the ability to inspire trust and confidence in clients as they may be making commercially sensitive decisions, based in part on your advice, and will therefore need to trust your judgement and discretion;
• commercial awareness, in order to attract new business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
• Minimum of Degree in any relevant courses bellow with 2:1 and above or great competency:
-operational research; -mathematics; -statistics; -physics; -management science; -technology; -economics; -business studies; -life and medical science; -engineering.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested and Qualified Applicants should forward their CV to dynamiteconglomerate20 @gmail.com or send their name, location, contact number, qualification, post applying for in the message box below or phone number placed on advert. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview